Lithics.in is an online marketplace for unique, handmade and indigenous products which contribute to a social, economic or environmental cause. Our extensive product range includes quality handicrafts, handloom, jewellery, stationery, gifts, paintings, organics, apparel and FMCG products.
A field visit, as part of an academic project, to the Delhi Foundation of Deaf Women brought to light some stark and shocking realities.We saw overstocked cupboards filled with quality handicrafts, paintings, gift items and other creative products.We felt pity for the hardworking women when we learnt that the sales were meagre. Why did these valuable products remain unsold despite their uniqueness and quality? Further research revealed that the case was not very different with most NGOs, social and environmental organisations. This unsettling fact prompted us to ponder over the problem of market access and empowerment for social and environmental organisations. Lithics.in, is our solution, to bring the e-commerce twist in their story.
Behind every product, there is a story of positive change. We focus on market access, economic empowerment and capacity building of NGOs, social and environmental enterprises, artisans, persons with disability, jail inmates and tribal communities (all working with women) and help them create better futures for themselves and this world. We offer them a range of services which include marketing, product development and design, pricing, packaging and logistics.
By promoting and nurturing conscious consumption, we aim to create a positive difference in the lives of the underserved and underprivileged population and contribute towards creating an economically and environmentally sustainable world.
- Our Core Values:
- Transparency: We are committed to continuous critical self-evaluation, independent monitoring and open and honest communication.
- Integrity and Trust: We are committed to integrity in work to create and maintain trust and satisfaction among the employees, with our partners, customers, and the greater community.
- Open and Honest Communication
- Quality and Excellence: We strive for the highest quality possible in all our products and excellence in our services.
- Culture, Craft, and Tradition: We believe that the promotion of indigenous cultures, crafts and traditions are intrinsically valuable and we shall always remain committed to promoting and nurture them.
- Sustainability: We are committed to contributing towards the creation of a sustainable world.
- Respect and encouragement to each individual's ability, creativity, work, and initiative.
- Hard Work, Passion, and Commitment
- Improvement: We shall always strive to improve ourselves, individually and as an organisation
- Global Happiness and Satisfaction
Lithics.in is a Pollination Project grantee (USA) and an incubatee at DUCIC-TBI(funded by MSME, Gov. of India), University of Delhi. We won critical acclaim at DBS-NUS Social Venture Challenge Asia 2016, Enactus India Nationals 2016 and Delhi University Summer Training in Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2016 and Ashoka India Youth Venture Selection Panel (November 2016) trained and appreciated the team for their idea, passion, purpose and team balance. Lithics.in has been selected for the Entrepreneurship for Good Program 2017 of the DO School, Berlin, Germany. Our founders have also been awarded the prestigious Yunus and Youth fellowship 2017. Lithics.in is owned and run by Wayne Ventures Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India. with CIN U52609DL2016PTC305606 and registered address at 108, DREAM Building, Gate No. 4, Chhatra Marg, Delhi University North Campus, New Delhi 110007.